Saturday 20 December 2014

Anaecdote

A glass of wine, and make it fast. I said to the waiter as he went murmuring something about me and my company.  He returned, I took the glass, looked from where he came, there were two guys peeking through the window with a slight expression of excitement, as if something entertaining is going to happen. “drink it”. “what, sir” he replied a little nervous. I said, drink it. Are you sure, sir. I wouldn't have asked otherwise. Sir we have a policy here, that we don’t accept a  drink from the customers. It’s my birthday, I insist. Sir mind me, you celebrating alone?
Oh. Wait. Hey you two, yeah you the one peeking through the window, stop hiding and join us. See now I have friends, now drink. But sir, I can’t. why can’t ? I don’t drink sir, I have a liver condition. Oh then one of your friends might drink it on your behalf. So who’s volunteering. Nobody came forward. Alright then, let’s see can I ask for a favor, oh yes the manager. All three came running to my feet. Sir we’re sorry sir, it was all Rajesh’s idea. We’ll never do it again, in our entire life. We don’t want to loose the job. Please forgive us sir. OK. All had an expression of relief. But on one condition. I spit in the glass and say, “drink it”.    

No comments:

Post a Comment