Monday 13 October 2014

The Four Blind Men

Hello, I'm Mustafa.

Once I met the four blind men.
They were all broke,
They were the only family they had,
They were not blood related,
I think blindness bonded them.

They came to me with a problem,
They said, Sir, we have no money,
We have no roof to call our own,
We sleep together under a bridge.
One night when we were sleeping,
We heard a woosh!, I thought it was an animal,
And I went for my stick, 
But my hand touched something,
It was food,
Somebody had kept it there for us,
We had not eaten in past three days,
So we ate and went to sleep,
The same thing continued for a week,
Then suddenly something happened,
We thought that dreams, are never real,
But that day our dreams come true,
We were able to see,
Not clearly but we were able to see,
But it also had the time span of a dream,
After a few minutes we felt excruciating pain,
And since then we have been suffering,
We live on the streets and we happen to know about you,
Sir, can you please help us?
We have nothing to offer but our regards,
"That would be more than enough", I replied and asked them to sit.

Now let's think,
Four blind men,
No money,
No economic reason to drug these guys,
No family history,
Past grudges, no.
They have no home,
They are good for nothing!
Wait maybe they are good for something,
If they went missing, nobody will know,
They are helpless,
They have nothing to live for,
But they are blind,
And the stranger.
"Was the food delivered in something?"
Yes Sir, here it is.
Oh! lets see this is a nice piece of paper,
It has some special ink on it,
One that is used in some sort of a lab.

Ok, I believe, I've solved your case,
That's great, then please tell us.
You are somebody's lab rat.
The man who is coming to see you,
Is experimenting on you,
It could be some sort of medicine,
That enables a blind man to see,
It might be mixed with your food,
The medicine might not be stable,
Therefore they need you.

Thank you, Sir, we'll leave now.
But, aren't you going to talk to the police about it?
Sir, we had never done anything in our life,
And we probably never will,
We have no aim in life,
But, only if we could help someone to see,
What we could not, that would be a thing worth dying for.

And they left, 
I did not stop them,
Because I needed to respect there,
Decision, but also,
I wanted to catch the culprit,
In the act,
Because, No house is worth living in,
If it's built by somebody else's brick.


No comments:

Post a Comment